Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Police

I'm talking about the rock band, not the fuzz.

Adrian and I are going to see the Police in concert tonight at the Pepsi Center (a.k.a., "the Can") in Denver. The last time these geezers (;-)) toured together was 1982, so this is quite a momentous occasion. We are so excited about going, once we're in our seats we'll have to sit on our hands to keep from waving at people.

In approximately 1989, I saw Sting on a solo-tour at Red Rocks. I was accompanied by my cousins Risa and Jody...we were about 17. It rained and we sang and danced our hearts out soaking wet. The three of us also saw Richard Marx that summer. Remember him? One of those smarmy 80s ballad singers with the huge feathered-back mullet hair. So, not quite as good.

The tickets were EXPENSIVE (8th row), but sometimes you just gotta. There are a few people/bands I wish I could have seen before they quit or died or committed public-relations Harri-Kari...these include Elvis, Michael Jackson (during the Thriller years), Duran Duran, the Go Gos, Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra...and so many more. When it is my time to leave this world, at least I will be able to go a little bit happier because I saw the Police in concert.

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

As long as Leah is happy....

The Boss

The Boss