Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Graduation

This is Kiyoshi Koga. When I was 15 years old, his mother (my mom's best friend) let me, my mom and my step-father share in his birth. It was the most amazing thing I had ever witnessed, especially at age 15!, until the birth of my own son. I was literally at the foot of the bed and watched as he entered the world.

Big sigh, he is now 17 years old and will graduate from high school this weekend. How did that happen? Not to be cliche, but as if it was yesterday, I see his crying face covered in goo, placed on his mom's belly as his dad cut the umbilical cord. Now he is off to college.

"Time may change you, but you can't change time," David Bowie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I won't bring down this string.

LaDawn said...

Time marches on. Children grow up. We grow old. C'est la vie!

He's a handsome young man with his future ahead of him. I'm sure you had nothing to do with that!

Best wishes to him.

The Boss

The Boss