Friday, January 23, 2009

Terrible Twos

Up until the past month or so, we have been spared the Terrible Twos. Now, well, there is a marked uptick in the general household volume level, what with the constant screaming, crying, protesting, throwing oneself on the floor and rolling around, etc. All the dog wants these days are not treats and ear scratches, rather just some peace and freaking quiet. He's planning to run away to the pound.

Whatever I want him to do is exactly what he doesn't have any intention of doing. Today (and everyday), asking him to sit on the potty was met with "NO MOMMA, I won't do that NEVER, EVER, EVER!" To my, "Max, let's go to the park and play," is his "NO! I no want to go!" To my, "You can have some ICE CREAM if you put on your shoes," is his "NO, NO, NO! I not do that."

His life is so defined by "no" and "I not like" that tonight, while reading "The Snuggliest Snuggle in the World", he had to tell me how much he didn't like each animal on every page, while otherwise thoroughly enjoying the story. It went like this...Crocodile's snuggles were too snappy.... "Momma, I no like Croc-o-dyels. They too sharp!" and "I no like High-ee-na. They go to zoo!" It was kind of funny, as well as great insight into his mind right now.

Meanwhile, May is sweet as can be. She has started vocalizing. I want to get it on tape because it is such a sweet sound. She coos, laughs, sighs and just is as cute and lovely as can be. She is growing so fast she is busting out of most of her little clothes. I bought her a few new outfits today. She is officially 4 mos. old today. While Max is doing his routine, she just sits quietly and watches, entralled. Probably making mental notes on how to perfect driving the parents crazy.

I have a job interview Monday. Ugggg.

No comments:

The Boss

The Boss