Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Boy parts, Camp funnies

Since Max turned 1, we can hardly keep up with his physical and intellectual development. Every morning we seem to wake up to a new little person.

Walking: While he has had the skills to walk since mid-June, he has chosen to continue crawling unless under duress (like being stranded in the yucky grass). Since Monday, he's gained the confidence to walk unassisted from one toy, parent or piece of furniture to another. Big silly grin, arms outstreched and waving around in the air...he looks like a goofy monkey. Sweetest thing ever.

Boy parts: Also Monday, we were in the backyard playing (naked) in the baby pool, when...schazzzamm!...he looked down and saw this thing hanging off his body. After several pulls, pinches, grabs and probes, he was delighted to learn that it was officially attached to himself and he could access it at will. He then started carefully draping things over it...such as tree leaves and cups. Later, I entered his room after a nap to find he had taken all his clothes off, including diaper, to investigate his new fun toy some more. Hmmmm....

Camp funnies: If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?! Yesterday, I had my first official working shift at Camp. I'll be doing two shifts a week (as will Barb and Deniece) to stay "in the know" with our day-to-day operations, etc. The rest of my work time will be spent marketing, etc. It was a like a Benny Hill skit. During my shift, the security alarm went off and I didn't have the shut-off code, I locked myself and a dog in the dog-wash area until I was rescued by an employee 20 minutes later, a little poodle named Lucky tried to bite me twice (I deserved it), then I got tangled in the shop-vac extension cord while running toward the lobby to greet a customer. By the end of the six-hour shift, my hair was wild, black mascara smeared, my clothes were filthy from top to bottom, and I had bruises on both knees from the extension-cord attack. Our $7.50/hr employees, on the other hand, were calm, clean and smirking. They can't wait to be around to watch my next Camp shift. Har-de-har-har.

4 comments:

LaDawn said...

I love those baby chub legs! I wish rolls on legs were still cute when you're over 40.

Seb & Abigail plays with their own respective bits constantly. Fact of life. One day Seb screamed out from the tub, Mummy! I went running. Very proudly he exclaimed look how big I made it! I am so proud!

Camp BowWow sounds like a load more fun than my job recently. Just watching you might be worth the salary cut. Keep it up. You could tour!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture! Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. Congrats to max in greatest discovery ever.

By the way, you made me think back to your post about tiring max out with the walker to the mail box. We try that now, with baby j walking, and also with the walker before hand. We never made it past the drive way. He wants to stop every other step to put grass or ants in his mouth. He takes so long trying to pick up stuff we have to take him back in the house because of the heat and sun burn.

LaDawn said...

Leah - Come back to blogging. I'm missing you! Hear Max had a little accident with his pinkie finger. How's he getting on?

Pokerroom said...

Matchless phrase ;)

The Boss

The Boss