Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Late nights with a book

I hate it when I get hijacked by a good book. I'm reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" and have become obsessed. I read it every free moment I have and can't wait until it is finished so that I can have my life back. When I was a teenager, in the summertime I would blissfully read book after book, usually at night until 3 or 4 a.m. It was awesome. I loved those late nights alone with a book and my imagination...but, then, I had the luxury of sleeping in as late as I wanted the next morning. What were other teenagers doing? It certainly could have been worse. ;-)

Flash forward 20 years and I was up until 2:30 a.m. last night reading this damned book, then up with Max at 4 and 8:30 a.m. Sometimes I think might be better to read the mediocre than to get swept up completely in the best. Naw...I'd never. Any candidates for my future obsessions and sleep loss out there? I can't wait.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

This happens to me too. Up all night and draggin butt all day. I am reading "A Millon Little Pieces" by James Frey for book club. It is okay. Not one I would have picked. I recommend "In the Land of Second Chances" by George Shaffner. It is a quick read on small town america and the benevolence of God. Interesting and thought provoking.

LaDawn said...

Check out my blog and everything tagged as reading. I went through a phase recently where I read every minute of the day and night because I got a run of gripping novels. The Kite Runner is the best.

The Boss

The Boss